- Marks the plugin's
Goals as having migrated to the new target Environments support, using only local environment settings.
- Improve reliability of batch upload (used to retry upload of build data from previous runs where the upload failed).
- Remove support for Pants 2.11 and older. Only Pants 2.12 and above are supported.
- Add the option to show auth token JWT claims data as json:
[auth-token-info].json, so for example:
./pants auth-token-info --auth-token-info-jsonwill output the claims data as a json string (single line).
- Stop using pants deprecated SubsystemRule API.
auth-token-checkgoal that will check if the Toolchain auth token is about to expire and fill fail (exit code -1) if it is about to expire (with a specified threshold via
[auth-token-check].threshold) or if it had already expired.
- Add initial support for remote execution permissions and configuration (via auth plugin).
- Improve logging (context) when logging token load.
- Add a
auth-token-infogoal to show access token info (token ID & expiration time).
JWTto list used to filter out environment variables uploaded to buildsense for CI integration (list already had:
- Tweak authentication success message.
- Always use multipart file upload to upload buildsense data.
- Increase timeout for buildsene data upload from 5 to 10 seconds.
- BREAKING CHANGE Add
--auth-acquire-for-cioption to acquire tokens to be used in CI (org owners/admins only). This now implies
- Removed support for Pants's old option system. Only the new option system is supported, which means the plugin supports Pants 2.11 and above.
- Remove support for Travis-CI.
- Add support for configuring the remote cache address using Toolchain Servers (
[GLOBAL].remote_store_addresscan be removed from pants.toml in pants v2.14 and above).
- Improve error messages when auth fails.
- Handle transient errors when they occur (retries).
- Add support for remote auth plugin name attribute (pants 2.14 and above).
- Add entry point support the auth plugin so the
[GLOBAL].remote_auth_pluginoption can be removed from pants configuration (pants 2.14 and above).
- Add support for new pants VCS/GIT APIs
- Bugfix: Don't use FileOption for
[auth].auth_fileoptions since it requires the file to exist (breaks onboarding)
- Improve error handling when server rejects auth token request. Allow showing error messages from the server.
- Add support for showing server messages/notifications on the console.
- Add extra space before token to make it easier to select for copy & paste.
- Add support for handling multiple parents for workunits.
log_final_upload_latencyoption type from string to boolean when using Pants' legacy options API.
- Migrate from per-workunit to global metrics capture.
- Add the ability to collect platform information (opt-in, this is off by default).
The following information is collected: OS type, OS Version, Python Version, Python Implementation, Platform architecture, CPU type, number of CPU cores and RAM size.
This is similar to the data collected by pants anonymous telemetry subsystem:
- Consume CI Capture config from the config object in the response.
- Add support for the new Pants Options API for Pants 2.11 and up. Old versions of the API, used in pants 2.10 and earlier are still supported.
- Add an option to log latency for BuildSense final upload:
- Specifying an org name (slug) under
[toolchain-setup]is now required.
- Support for configuring CI integration (capturing CI Environment variables) from buildsense.
This allows toolchain to add support for additional CI systems without shipping new versions of the plugin.
- Loosen the requirement for
requeststo a range.
- Buildsense work unit converter configuration (what artifacts and metadata get uploaded to the buildsense service) is now controlled from the buildsense service instead of being hard coded into the plugin.
- Add the ability to specify org (customer/account) name in the
[toolchain-setup]section. This is optional in this version and will be mandatory in the next version.
- Capture per-workunit target addresses to provide more detailed build information.
- Bugfix: Don't queue up workunits in memory when buildsense is disabled.
- Add support for capturing environment variables for Bitbucket Pipelines and Buildkite
- Fix an issue where runs that completed quickly would be recorded as
- Add support for capturing new metadata for processes to assist with cache hit rate optimization.
- Improve logging when acquiring restricted access tokens.
- Allow configuration of token renew threshold (default 30m).
- Show link to pants run BuildSense in the console.
- Fix issue w/ logs not propagating properly from buildsense reporter thread.
- Fix issue when git work tree can not be determined.
- Add an explicit dependency on chardet since the requests library is removing that dependency.
- Add support for setting a description field when acquiring a token
- Logging improvement for auth code
- Re-enable async completion for streaming work unit handler logic (buildsense data upload)
- Fix issue with decoding tokens (handle missing padding)
- Simplify config (single location for base url)
- Exclude environment variables that might contain secrets or sensitive data
- Buildsense now enabled by default.
- Added support for new remote cache auth plugin APIs introduced in https://github.com/pantsbuild/pants/pull/12029
- toolchain_auth_plugin (used for remote_auth_plugin) now accepts **kwargs so arguments can be added without breaking the interface.
- Fix headers handling in the remoting auth plugin to also support remote execution headers and to not override all headers set outside the plugin.
- Remove dependency on python-dateutil
- Avoid trying to load token from an environment variable unless auth.from_env_var is explicitly set
- Fix issue with restricted token environment matcher
- Remove dependency on setuptools
- Always upload log to buildsense
- New auth pages
- Refactor local web-server
- Add logic to test auth pages w/o running auth flow
- Add support for requiring an environment variable match before requesting a restricted token (to avoid requesting a restricted tokens when running in forks)
- Fixed bad dependencies path in setup.py entry point.
- Usage of auto-registration mechanism via setup.py entry_points so no need to specify backends anymore.
- Removed support for python 3.9 since pants doesn't support it yet.
- Disabled async completion due to issues w/ pants logging and not uploading data to buildsense in some cases.
- Log when attempting to load auth token from env variables (used in CI)
- Support pants API for counters & targets spec.
- Fix GitHub Actions CI integration.
Updated about 1 month ago